Thursday, October 25, 2018
Monday, February 12, 2018
We are enjoying Maple and she is enjoying all these snow days. She is starting to get a little calmer. She hangs around on the couch with the kids and just gnaws a bone. This week she is getting fixed so I really hope we can keep her calm.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
I have not had a dog since I was in 4th grade. Sammy was an outside dog and I didn't do much with him, he was the parents.
Now we have Maple a cocker spaniel mix, a cute mutt.
We did a bunch of research on dogs from watching the Dog Whisperer, reading books, talking to friends and prayer. Maple is the pup of some of our good friends. This gives us some information like how big she may get and her mentality - I hope.
Learn from out mistakes and observations:
- She is not a cat. She will lay in the sun, swipe at you like a cat but also requires more work and attention.
- She will eat anything from Legos, to poop to crayons to paper and so much more.
- She behaves best if she gets plenty of exercise - just like what Caesar Milan says
- She requires lots of food to be taught. She likes bread, eggs, chicken etc
- A 2 point harness on her is saving my arms, wrists and shoulders
- She keeps growing so she is on her 4th harness.
- She still likes to bite at 5 months.
- Since her toys when little were stuffed animals she goes after ALL stuffed animals.
- Having a den and fenced area gives her and us rest.
- Socks are smelly, thus the best to play with around the house. This makes laundry get folded faster and no one wears matched socks.
- No toy is her favorite, it changes. Her husky, her pink pull toys and bully sticks are important to her and almost enough to get her back when running away.
- She is faster than any of us. Use food to get her back.
- She likes to run, run, run and run. She takes a micro rest and then runs again.
- She has her own slide, she likes jumping and can get on our elevated bed.
- Her worst enemy is the cat who taught her her how to swipe and makes her run fast.
Posted by Nancy at 9:44 PM
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
So all three kids want homemade costumes this year. Lillian wants to be a mint ice cream cone.
Anna chose to be a bubble gum machine. And Jonathan is going to be cheesestick. Do you know that there is one cheesestick costume on Google for a kid?
So I looked at cheese sticks in the fridge. He really wants to be a white cheesestick not a Colby. So thankfully one of my neighbors threw out a 4 by 8 sheet of Styrofoam that was three inches thick. So I cut it into a block. So he looks like a gigantic eraser marshmallow.
And this morning I took some elastic and stapled it and taped it to the back of said marshmallow. He says he loves it because he can kick it while he walks.
I am that Mom that I want people to know that he has a cheese stick.
I called up Horizon who after bunch of searching said your best bet will be to search the internet fot a picture. So I copied and pasted pictures into paint and increase the size by 130% twice.
And because it is a cheesestick I wrapped it in Saran Wrap to keep the pictures on and be so there's not a bunch of little snow balls around the house. He loves it. Mommy win.
Posted by Nancy at 1:01 PM