Thursday, June 19, 2008

Delhi Belly

We have a hitchhiker.

When we were up in Delhi we must have eaten something contaminated with an ameba/bacteria combination. When we got back, I started to feel gassy and no amount of Coke (I am so happy we have Coke here) could get it all up. Nalini next door kept telling me I had Delhi Belly.

I started taking Cipro, an antibiotic we were given in the USA just incase we started to feel sick. Even with a week of that, there was something wrong so I went to the doctor. Yep I have an ameba and got to go on a double antibiotic, basically what we have is Dysentery. After a few days, I was not having the pins in the stomach feeling and was able to do more and eat again. That is when Ryan came down with it. Ryan is now being medicated too.

Pray we get it all cleared out of our system so we do not re-infect each other.

Anna is perfectly fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment