Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Granola Bars


Sorry for the delay. Below is the recipe I have done the way I did it. It is very hard for me to adherer to any recipe, I am a scientist by heart.


1 Cup Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla

Combine and add

3 Cups Oats - I like Quaker
1/2 Cup Craisins
1/3 Cup Wheat Germ
2 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds
1 Cup of a chocolate chip mix (Butter Scotch, Vanilla and Chocolate)
1 Cup Rice Chrispies

Other suggested add-ins
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds



Mix everything.

Use a 9 x 13 pan which I have sprayed with cooking spray. Put it in the pan and press down. This makes the bar stiff like the ones we buy.

Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.

Cut while hot, its much easier than sawing later. Let them harden and then I put them in snack sized bags.

Other suggested add-ins
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment