We have a lot of cucumbers. Even with a case of wilt we still have a few left from our vines. You can see how sad our cucumber tree looks now. We also have some cucumbers from our CSA though Genuine Faux Farms.
4 cups of skinned cubed cucumbers
1 large onion
Pealed bulb of garlic
1) Grind to separate the water from the pulp, keep both.
2) Start reducing the water, put wet pulp in roaster pan (add back some water if too dry)
3) Cover with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of peach honey, and a table spoon of salt.
4) Roast pulp until browned on top, add to water and reduce.
5) Let cool, mix in blender, grind again to separate seeds from sauce (I covered the end of the grinder with a spoon to shove all the good liquid through and end up with a very dry pulp (seeds) that I threw out.)
6) Can the sauce into (12) 4 oz. jelly jars.
7) Water bath for 10 minutes.
8) Let jars sit in canner 5 minutes or your juice will get everywhere and you won’t seal well.
9) Take out and put on a towel for 24 hours. Don’t move the jars or tighten the rings as this may mess up the seal.
10) It is doesn’t set in 24 hours refrigerate and use in 3 weeks or reprocess with a new lid. Clean jars, label and store in a cool dark place for a year.