Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weekend Projects - Table for Jonathan's room

Normally Ryan would be working on his train but he needs to sandblast the body and paint it and its 20 degrees outside.  I am not really inspired to work on any quilts.

So now for something a little different but the same...

About a week ago I decided Jonathan needed a table in his room for Lego's.  This boy likes tables now that he is walking and has balance.



We went though the stock of loose boards, cabinet doors and found a dresser top from my Grandpa Kissell.

Next to make a frame and legs that could handle a little climber on it so off to the 2x4 stack.

Ryan helped me square up the frame.


 Ryan  helping drill the holes for the screws.


For the last couple days I have used half a bucket of wood putty and been sanding with 80 grit and now I am up to 120 grit sandpaper.  3M sandpaper for me after using the cheap stuff and nothing happened.



I am trying to sand it so that no little fingers will get slivers.  I am amazed how many times I run my fingers over it and then sand it just a little bit more.  I could fill a cottage cheese container with the shavings and dust I have taken off this table already. 

I should clean the mirror soon.  I am not sure what the cats were doing on it...










No comments:

Post a Comment