Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow

I woke up to a wonderful sight. SNOW!!!!
Not just a little bit of snow but LOTS. Enough to play with the family so after breakfast of pancakes we bundled up and headed out. We cleaned up the car, and spun Anna on the sled. Then took a walk down to the beach to see if the water was frozen. It was not. It looked so brown, the lake and waves. I was so amazed. I think the white snow beach helped the water look even worse than usual.
Being a dad is great and to be given the rare opportunity of being home during the day. It was great to be a part of Anna's first big snow. All the same it would be nice to have a job. But only if it does not get in the way of our future.
I did get to sit down with someone I think will be a great friend and mentor for my future. We want to go to India and know a what we would be getting into before we get there. It would be bad to go there and be hit with culture shock. Jack has been to Southern India many times and was able to start me on some real scoop. We have the whole spring to get prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment