Lilly and Anna share a dresser. The problem is they are girls and their clothes are poofy and they have a lot of them. They try and get dressed at the same time and fight over whose drawer gets to be open. I figured it was time for them to quit sharing and Lilly could have not just one drawer but a whole dresser. I went to Craigslist.
New furniture in the store is made from particle board and just doesn't match our style. Actually it is my mom and dad's fault. They collected and refinished old furniture. My mom's dad Grandpa Kissell was the Dr. Frankenstein of furniture. When I got married I inherited a lot of cool stuff and still like it.
I found a dresser that had been in an abandoned house for 10 years. It has a mirror and all the parts which were in pretty good condition, just a drawer won't work and it didn't look that good cosmetically.
First thing I did was evaluate the condition, I didn't want to sand and strip this piece. I wanted something quick and I called my dad. He said there was something you could just wipe on and off. I found it in Howard's Restore a Finish. Here is one side versus another on the drawers.