Saturday, May 23, 2015

The New Dresser - 1920's to 1940's Oak Veneer Dresser Part 2

So I got the wheel on the dresser and made the outside pretty.  I spent a couple hours doing that.  I though all I had to do was sand a drawer and take the thing upstairs.  I won't sand, plane or glue in the girls room.  I am still working on figuring out why the one drawer won't shut.  The three others just needed a little bees wax.



That was 3 days ago.  It is in my dinning room.  Ryan is out of town so I don't have his ideas.  I keep Skyping my dad pictures and he sends me some ideas.  Never give up, which isn't an option.  I have too much time and money in this thing.  I am stubborn and it should work soon.


The side has moved away from the front.  I have tried sanding.  I also removed the bottom and put it back on.  Not sure if that did anything.




I am fed up with it so I didn't work on it today and did housework like laundry, mowed, emptied the truck of limbs, normal house wife stuff.


I brought up the power sander.I can't really nail or screw it.  Maybe I can separate it and then glue and use a strap to keep it in shape?  Wood moves so I really don't want to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment