Thursday, March 5, 2020

Packing






We are packing for Texas.  We did a ton before putting the house on the market.  Ryan packed a lot of his stuff before he left in January.

Home Depot is the place to buy boxes.  I have moved so many times and it is worth the cash to get all the boxes the same size and to know that they are sturdy.  I did get my tape at Meijers on sale.  That is a grocery store up here.  I just run out of tape after using 6 rolls.  I tape the tops and bottoms 3 times each.  I have some stretch plastic that I used on a baby doll bed I took it apart.

We close on the 26th for the house in Michigan and Close on the house in Dallas on the 27th.

Now that I know what kind of house we are getting and there will be some room for canning and quilting I am packing.  I got 4 dozen quart jars in a Medium Home Depot Box.  I used cardboard to separate each jar.  I have so many that I am not worried about losing one or two.  I also sold 14 dozen jars before this.

It is March 4th and we have 3 weeks left here.  Do I pack the snow pants?  We went sledding Sunday at Clover Beach and now it is in the 40's.

I packed some food today that I knew I would not use till I am down there like Maple Sugar and sprinkles.  Yes we do eat healthy.

My box cutter is my friend in all of this packing.


No comments:

Post a Comment